Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, takes you step-by-step through the process of creating and using macros—one of Excel’s most powerful features. In this comprehensive presentation, he introduces the concept of Excel macros as well as the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro. David also explains step-by-step how to use the Record Macro feature and Excel’s Personal Macro Workbook. After completing this course, you’ll be equipped to use macros immediately.
- Using a custom number format to hide zero amounts within a specific area of a spreadsheet.
- Getting familiar with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Preventing errors from the start by choosing from thousands of free Excel spreadsheet templates.
- Learning the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets.
- Saving paper and eliminating frustration by monitoring the Print Scale setting.
- Handling situations where numbers are presented as # signs on-screen and in Print Preview.
- Discerning the nuance of entering text into worksheet cells.
- Surfacing hidden Excel commands instantly by way of the Tell Me feature in Excel 2016.
- Copying formulas efficiently down one or more columns at the same time.
- Understanding Excel’s Freeze Panes feature.
- Identify how to skip confusing menus by way of time-saving mouse tricks and keyboard shortcuts.
- Recall some basic data analysis techniques.
- Describe Excel’s Freeze Panes feature.