In this comprehensive on-demand webcast, you’ll learn even more about how to use Excel’s Record Macro feature from Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA. He shows you how to enhance the code you’ve created with the Record Macro feature by adding error-handling functions, decision-making capabilities, and interactive features. In addition, David presents techniques, features, and keyboard shortcuts that will help you eliminate repetitive tasks and become more proficient utilizing Excel macros.
- Discovering how to enable the Developer menu in Excel 2007 and later.
- Gaining an understanding of Excel’s Goal Seek feature, which is useful in simplifying what-if analyses.
- Learning how to play back macros you’ve recorded so as to eliminate repetitive or tedious tasks.
- Using form controls to simplify data entry as well as control the input of other users.
- Understanding the nuances of assigning keyboard shortcuts to macros in Excel to avoid superseding shortcuts for built-in features.
- Learning what to do if a Debug prompt appears.
- Adding error-handling features to Excel macros to compensate for unexpected or missing data entry inputs.
- Bypassing filter drop-down lists by filtering based on cell contents with a single keystroke or mouse click.
- Learning the nuances of the Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook in versions 2007 and later.
- Define how to adjust Excel’s macro security settings.
- Recognize which rows in a spreadsheet are affected when you filter data.
- Demonstrate an enhanced understanding of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros.