Excel offers payroll professionals many features and functions that can improve the accuracy and efficiency of payroll production. In this comprehensive course, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, explains: mathematics for employee timesheets, date and time formatting and stamping, conditional formatting to highlight HR requirements, password protection for sensitive payroll files and worksheets, salary information formatting, using pivot tables for HR reporting and analysis tasks, and more.
- Computing the due dates for semi-monthly federal payroll tax deposits by using the CHOOSE and WEEKDAY functions.
- Discerning the nuance involved in making pivot tables present data in tabular form.
- Determining the previous Friday when payroll dates fall on a weekend by using the IF and WEEKDAY functions.
- Calculating a series of semi-monthly dates by way of the IF and EOMONTH worksheet functions.
- Improving the integrity of Excel pivot tables with the Table feature.
- Adding fields to a blank pivot table to create instant reports.
- Redacting portions of Social Security numbers by way of Excel’s TEXT worksheet function.
- Discovering four different ways to remove data from a pivot table report.
- Formatting certain words within a column of text with Conditional Formatting.
- Employing the NETWORKDAYS.INTL worksheet function to determine the number of work days in a period by excluding holidays as well as specific days of the week.
- Drilling down into the details behind any amount within a pivot table with just a double-click.
- Exploring options for recovering lost passwords for Excel spreadsheets.
- Recall how to reformat Social Security Numbers using Excel’s Flash Fill feature.
- Define how to assign random numbers to a data set in Excel.
- Apply password-protection techniques for sensitive payroll files, worksheets, and spreadsheet columns.